18 October 2008

Xue Xin's Biodata

I am currently an undergraduate majoring in chemistry in the Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore. Doing laboratory work has improved my analytical and observing skills which are valuable tools useful in the future.

I was in the Audio & Visual Club and Science society in my secondary and JC days respectively. This has built up on my ability to troubleshoot problems and be more sensitive towards other people’s feelings. I strive to strike a balance between studies and pursuing my interests by taking up recreational archery, which has trained me on my ability to be more focused and less distracted.

3 comments:

Wen Jie said...

In addition to your achievements, you have also included what you believe and what you have learnt from your activities in school. You have covered quite a lot in a concise manner, which is good.

Maybe you can improve your biodata by adding in more transition phrases to achieve better cohesion. One suggestion for the last sentence, “Apart from that, taking up recreational archery has also trained me to be more... ".

Unknown said...

Hi XueXin

I feel that your biodata is comprehensive and interesting. However, in my opinion, a biodata should be less descriptive and more factual. I think the elaboration on how lab work and your cca had helped you, can be omitted. Instead, write more about your interest and goals.

grace kim said...

Thanks, Xue Xin, for your post. It would be good to talk about what your qualities and skills are, rather than how you developed some of these skills and qualities. That way, you will be able to include more information about yourself.

Anyway, I am surprised that you actually do archery since you look like a non-sporty person to me. I guess we should never judge a book by its cover :-)